Saturday 19 February 2011

Make OS X forget incorrect Wi-Fi details

Every time I connect to one particular wireless network I get prompted with an "Authenticating to network" dialog box:



The "Please enter your name" always contains a username I once entered by mistake; even though I now enter the correct one every time, the mistake gets remembered. "Please enter your password" is always blank, which is annoying because I'd expect it to be stored in the Keychain. Deleting all related Keychain entries for the network made no difference.

A quick ferret through ~/Library/ turns up a likely suspect:


me$ grep -r 'incorrect-username@domain' ~/Library/
Binary file Library/Preferences/com.apple.eap.profiles.plist matches


Opening that file up with Property List Editor and correcting all instances of incorrect-username@domain fixed the problems (including prompting for a password).

No comments:

Post a Comment